[rrd-users] Re: Oddly excessive bandwidth reports coming from a T1, read on for details

Matus Telgarsky mit at juilliard.edu
Tue Apr 23 12:05:54 MEST 2002

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 16:46:13 +0700 (ICT)
Olivier Nicole <on at cs.ait.ac.th> wrote:

> > and that aggregate is what isn't supposed to exceed 1.54Mbps
>
> It is not "that" agregate, but "you" agregate, it is performing the
> exact function of what the STACK command is supposed to perform.
>
> STACK does not place data one in front of the other, but one on top
> (agregated, added to) of the other.
>
> You better graph the outOctet (as it seems to be higher) first with
> AREA, then graph the InOctet with AREA, not with stack.
>
> Olivier

hi.
 look, I'm stacking it on purpose, so that I can get a quick glimpse
of total/aggregate bandwidth.  I think that's pretty obvious.  If you
look at all the fancy borders and CDEFs I use in the graph, I think
it's clear I know the basics of RRDtool and am not screwing up
using a simple drawing command.

so, again: I'm stacking them on purpose, I know the graphs are
accurate because other programs back it up (see my original post).

that's not my question

my question is: how am I exceeding the bandwidth limitation for a T1?
any ideas accepted.

-mateusz-