[rrd-users] Re: Oddly excessive bandwidth reports coming from a T1, read on for details

Ollie Cook ollie at uk.clara.net
Tue Apr 23 12:08:34 MEST 2002

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 06:05:54AM -0400, Matus Telgarsky wrote:
> my question is: how am I exceeding the bandwidth limitation for a T1?
> any ideas accepted.

You're not. :) A T1 can have 1.54 megabits inbound and 1.54 megabits outbound.
In the same way that you can have 100mbit inbound 100mbit outbound on 100base[TF]X.

You cannot, however, exceed 1.54mbit (or 100mbit) in any direction, so you can't
for example have 2mbit out on a T1, but you can have a total of 2mbit OVER a T1,
e.g. 1mbit in, 1mbit out.

Hope that clarifies.

Ollie

--
Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, ClaraNET
ollie at uk.clara.net               020 7903 3065