[rrd-users] Re: rrdtool- question on line colors

Petr M. Swedock petr at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 29 16:10:52 MEST 2002

 :: "'Donald Mahler'" <dmahler at telcordia.com>
 :
 :
 :
 :
 : Does anyone have a mathematical methodology for setting the rrdtool line
 : colors that they could share?
 :
 : I am graphing up to 10 lines on a single graph and there are times that the
 : colors are just too close (at least for my... ahem... perception of color :
 : -)

I would first change the default background color from white to black.

The first thing they teach you in art class (or at least the first
thing they taught *me*) is that light colors come forward, dark
colors recede... so, with the default background of white, you
are competing with bright line colors.

Having said that... I have no idea how to change the background
color... Anyone know how?

Peace,

Petr

--
___
\  `    You can design simply, or you can design for simplicity.