[rrd-users] Re: Time Range

Antoni Sawicki tenox at tenox.tc
Fri Aug 2 11:15:22 MEST 2002

At 12:26 AM 8/2/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>Bandwidth usage is: average bytes per second.
>
>If the amount of bytes increases, so will the amount of bytes per second.
>
>If you look at the yearly graph, you're looking at intervals of 86400
>seconds.  If the only data transfer is exactly 86400 bytes, the average
>will show up as 1 byte per second.  When you transfer 172800 bytes, the
>average becomes 2 bytes per second, and so on.

Absolutely true. I do not negate this. This is exacly what I said in my
email. Longer data transfers, or bigger amount of data = more average bytes
per second. Absolutely true. TRUE! I understand how it works. :-)

>Plenty of examples in the mail archives.  However, your problem is
>that you don't understand how to interpret the data.  Changing the
>graphs to match your expectations is probably not the way to go.

I didn't found anything so far, but I didn't have enoung time to search.
I will do this again. Anyway - hello! - I do know how to interpret the
data. My problem is, I simply want to exclude some time range from
being consolidated in to the lower resolutions rrd.

My expectations are: show data transfer growth durning working-day
period, and exclude nightly, huge activity.

Any solution for that?

Many thanks!
Antoni

--