[rrd-users] Combining/joining daily .rrds into a weekly rrd file

Peter.Janda at na.manpower.com Peter.Janda at na.manpower.com
Wed Aug 14 00:49:35 MEST 2002

Greetings,

I have been generating daily .rrd files which are built from tables that I
clean up after the .rrd is created and graphed. (I save the.rrds and .gifs)
I've attempted to join the tables of the .rrd files (using the fetch
command) so that I can feed that data into another .rrd.
This new .rrd shows that the tables are flowing into it (in scientific
notation form) but the database doesn't increase in size
 and the graph (.gif) is created but it isn't what I wanted or correct.

Does anyone recall if there was ever a similar discussion in the archives?
If so, then I'll hunt. If not, does this seem possible to do?
I don't want to re-process every days worth from the original scripts
unless I have too. If this isn't possible I'll need to re-think the scripts
so that this is done on a daily basis (ahead of time).

Thanks,

Peter Janda