[rrd-users] two questions: CDEFs w/ fetch, and estimating growth

spiegela at birch.net spiegela at birch.net
Mon Aug 19 23:33:16 MEST 2002

Two fairly unrelated questions.

1)  Is there a way to use a CDEF while fetching via commandline (or via the perl
mods)?

2)  This may be a little off topic (and I apologize if this isn't helpful for
anyone else).
  What is the algorithm for predicting growth based on prior performance?  My
specific issue is one of predicting call volume for an incoming call center, but
my suspicion is that there's a uniform statistical model for this kind of stuff,
whether it be megabits, financial transactions, or call volume.
  I know this isn't really related to RRD, but since we're all using it to
gather statistics of one sort or another, someone besides me might be interested
in this kind of stuff.

Thanks in advance,
Aaron Spiegel