[rrd-users] about COUNTERS updates

Alejandro Diego Garin linuxero2 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 20 16:47:10 MEST 2002

Hello!

I'm gathering some snmp counters data, all is going fine but i have a
question:
I had a problem with my testing server and I didn;t take data for 2 days (is
a testing server, so its ok) and when I try to graph a data for the last 4 days
including the last updates i have a practically empty graph.
If a don;t include the last updates all is fine, the graph shows the 2 days gap and old
the previous data!
Is that normal?

This are the updates, look at the timestamps

[.. previous is ok ]
1029567302:709329202
1029567603:713502644
1029567903:721273882
1029568203:725441317
[...here the 2 day problem....the counter has been reset]
1029847803:19590398
1029848112:25030933

Do I need to complete the timestamps with a NULL data?

thanks for your help!

Ale