[rrd-users] Re: Values in RRD Archive

Gerhard Ecaroh Froehlich gerhard.froehlich at produktion.gis-online.de
Fri Aug 30 12:25:51 MEST 2002

Hi too!

Shyam wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to view the values of the variables in the RRA ? If I could, it would help me in confirming that the values are indeed getting updated by my "update" command. ( I have scheduled my "rrdtool update" command to run every minute ).

 $ rrdtool dump myrrd.rrd > myrrd.xml && more myrrd.xml

for an xml dump with the values of the rrd

 $ rrdtool info myrrd.rrd | more

for an info what kind of DS is in an rrd

 $ rrdtool graph [ .. parameters .. ]

for using the plotting features. But you have to specify what you want. Read the
man pages that come along with rrdtool. The use is well documented on rrdtool
website in the tutorials.

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Shyam