[rrd-users] Re: measure the total traffic

T. Xar xar at vpnet.at
Fri Aug 30 15:34:36 MEST 2002

Hi

First i would say thank you for your answers and yes, that is what i want.
So you mean it is not possible ?

I need a tool for logging traffic going through our network, because i think
the ISP of our company measure a much to large traffic, which we never used.
It lies in the range from 20 GB and thats is really much money.
(Maybe they do wrong whith what you have wrote ........)
Now i decided to log also the sum of traffic and can show the monthly result
the ISP.
If the ISP counts wrong its nice for the company, but if not i would like to
know which service in our class c range cause so much traffic.
It should count the sum of the in and out going traffic of a IP range or one
IP or only a web server, etc......
I have hoped that the combination of snmp and rrdtool can do so.
So which tools are using the many ISPs outthere to charge (corrrectly) with
their customers ?

Thank you in advance
Thomas Xar