[rrd-users] Re: Vertical label - ugly ;)

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Mon Dec 2 23:58:58 MET 2002

Today Kees Hoekzema wrote:

> Hey list,
>
> Using the latest snapshot, the --vertical-label is not very readable, the
> text is not rotated.
> In the source there is an comment about it:
> /* horrible hack until we can actually print vertically */
>
> but is it known when 'we' can actually print vertically?

Kees we will be able to print vertically when tobi or some other
kind sole spends some time implementing rotated text ... in
rrd_gfx.c I have been meaning to do this for ages, but more
pressing and lucerative things keep getting into may way ...

the code for rotating bitmaps is already in freetype, so it should
not be that big a task given the right motivation ;-)

tobi

> -kees
>
> --

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, ETZ J97, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland
 / // _ \/ _ \/ /  System Manager Coach Time Lord Developer Designer
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/   http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker +41(0)1-632-5286