[rrd-users] Re: MRTG to RRDTOOL Migration

Simon Mullis Simon.Mullis at equinoxsolutions.com
Wed Dec 11 17:04:51 MET 2002

Hi

If you are polling the same targets then why not, when you are happy with
the new environment, use the current MRTG log files and let MRTG itself do
the conversion to RRD format?  By this I mean copy over the MRTG .log files
to the new system and let it make the migration.  This way you still have
the roll-back and are in no danger of losing any historic data.

Make sure your targets and DIR settings are the same between the boxes and
it should be painless. (I recently did a very similar thing - although we
had far less than 8 years worth!!)

Good luck.

SM