[rrd-users] Howto Specify CF in update? import/export help

Alan Jurgensen jurgensen at berbee.com
Fri Dec 13 18:20:18 MET 2002

Hi;

I wish I could specify the Consolidation Function (MAX, MIN) when loading(update) data!

What I'm doing is I have an rrd DB near the sample collection point... then I want to export the data to a different host that has an RRD with much higher resolution (short step, over years) for longer data retention.

i can dump the AVERAGE values and rrdupdate them in the High Retention rrd with timestamp...
BUT I'm losing my Mins and Maxs, aren't I?
If I just stick 'em in there, they'll get rounded into the AVERAGE values...

I see xport is there, but I dont see a corresponding import utility tho.

rrd dump/restore doesnt help me, cause Of my changed steps, etc.
Plus, I want to do this regularily, like every 4 hours...

Any suggestions?

Alan Jurgensen