[rrd-users] Re: Howto Specify CF in update? import/export help

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Fri Dec 13 19:49:26 MET 2002

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 11:20:18AM -0600, Alan Jurgensen wrote:

> I wish I could specify the Consolidation Function (MAX, MIN) when

No you don't :)

can we keep the line length to a reasonable amount (less than 80) please?
Thank you.
> What I'm doing is I have an rrd DB near the sample collection point...
>then I want to export the data to a different host that has an RRD
>with much higher resolution (short step, over years) for longer data
>retention.

Approach the problem in another way.  Don't update a database, just
collect the values.  Update the high-resolution database with those
values.

See the other recent post today.  It is a similar problem and you
want a similar solution.

Alex
--
Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give
offence. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-bullshit