[rrd-users] Re: Newbie question on graph alignment

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Sat Feb 9 07:36:26 MET 2002

Yesterday Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:

> ed.rolison at itc.alstom.com wrote:
>
> > I'm currently plotting a 'per month' graph, of maximum values (over a
> > year).
> > Whenever I do though the 'transition point' appears to be in the middle of
> > the month.
> > What I'd like is so the maximum each month, appears as a block from the
> > start, to the end of the month.
> > At a guess there's a pretty simple way of doing this, but I can't seem to
> > figure out what it is.

Hi Ed,

If you are storing the data in an RRA with a resolution of 1 hour,
then there is nothing preventing you from queriing RRD for the
exact intervals you are looking for. But you have to run these
queries one at a time giving explicit start and end times ...

cheers
tobi

--
/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, ETZ J97, ETH, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland