[rrd-users] Memory leak in Tcl package?

Maarten van Gelder mvgelder at vt.edu
Tue Feb 12 20:41:25 MET 2002

Oops, I forgot to add that the Tcl version is 8.3.

Hi,

I am running rrdtool-1.0.33 under FreeBSD 4.4, and am using the Tcl package
to create and update RRD files.  I noticed that the memory utilization of
my process would increase to the point that it would dump core with a
message about not being able to allocate memory.  After scrutinizing my
code, I decided to substitute "Rrd::update ..." with "exec rrdtool update
...".  Memory use is stable now, but my program is gotten slower.  Is there
a memory leak in the Tcl package?  Is there anyone else on this list who
has noticed a memory issue with Rrd::update from the Tcl package?

Maarten van Gelder
mvgelder at vt.edu