[rrd-users] Probleme with jauge type

Un L'Unique un at pebble.2y.net
Tue Feb 12 22:47:44 MET 2002

Hello,

I am searching why I have lots of "strange" ( I.e: way to high) average in my rrd database.
I may have found something.
As I understand counter DS handle counter overflow: try to detect counter overflow and adding max value to the new "little" value.
Thats look fine. But what happend when counter really reset ? ( router reboot for example).I don't see any way for rrd to guess this is a reset and not a counter overflow.

It seems this "false counter overflow" scramble ( average of 7E8 %CPU usage)  my data each time my computer reboot.

Any idea ?

Un