[rrd-users] Re: Spikes Again

Clifton Royston cliftonr at lava.net
Thu Feb 14 01:07:03 MET 2002

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 09:10:02AM +1000, Ryan Crouch wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I am trying to remove some spikes from some graphs that have failed today.
> There is about half an hour of NaN records, which cause an 80mbit spike.
> When I remove the NaN's nothing happens, and even if I remove the surround
> ten lines, before and after, nothing happens to improve the graph spikes.

The NaNs don't give you the spike, the NaNs are what you should be
trying to preserve.  (I.e. the info that the device was not
responding.)

Look right before or right after them for an anomalous (out of range)
value and change that to an NaN; you might need to correct it in
multiple RRAs.

  -- Clifton

 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  cliftonr at lava.net
   WWJD?   "JWRTFM!" - Scott Dorsey (kludge)   "JWG" - Eddie Aikau