[rrd-users] gatehering info from Firewalls

Nuno Emanuel Rodrigues nuno.erodrigues at optimus.pt
Wed Jan 30 20:21:40 MET 2002

Tks for your answer, but to be honest wasnt a big help.

The non-firewall stuff data is sent from hundreds of different scripts.. on
many different machines...and MRTG is not installed on the same machine as
RRDTOOL... so as you can imagine doing the migration from MRTG statistics to
RRDTOOL wasnt a question of hours.. but.. a question of months....

I dont know how MRTG works, since i only use RRDTOOL, but i know MRTG could
collect data from switchs/firewalls just reading a config file, so the
question was if RRDTOOL could do the same.

If RRDTOOL could not collect data from Firewalls/Switchs, i would expect
some directions on how to gather the data.....thats why i mentioned snmpget
command.
So if someone can point me some directions (urls maybe) i will be grateful.

Thank you.