[rrd-users] IBM PPC problem

Ernesto Silva silva at athenea.ort.edu.uy
Wed Jul 3 00:55:33 MEST 2002

Hi guys,

	I have a piece so software (perl script) that uses rrd to make some graphics
in my website (RedHat Linux). Suddenly my server crashed (intel) so I decided
to mount everything on a IBM rs6000 ppc box with a 604e processor (SuSE 7.3
ppc). I compiled the rrd tool, etc. etc.
	Then I copied the old database from the intel to the ppc box and I get a lot
of messages in my error_log (apache error logfile) with the following lines:

[Tue Jul  2 16:26:43 2002] [error] [client 164.73.96.17] Premature end of
script headers: /var/www/cgi-bin/mailgraph.cgi
Uncaught exception from user code:
        ERROR: This RRD was created on other architecture
        main::graph_err(2678400, '/tmp/mailgraph/mailgraph_2_err.png', 'Month
graphics') called at /var/www/cgi-bin/mai
        main::main() called at /var/www/cgi-bin/mailgraph.cgi line 178

I'm worried about the line:
	"ERROR: This RRD was created on other achitecture"

I don't know if is a database problem or a rrd problem. Perhaps there is
something wrong with the "config/config.guess" file in the distribution
source, but I really don't know.

Have anyone had this problem before???

Regards:
	Ernesto Silva.

PD: sorry about my english, it's not my native language (ok, this is not a
very good excuse....)

--
Sr. Ernesto Silva.
Webmaster.