[rrd-users] Re: IBM PPC problem

Jean-Edouard BABIN listes at jeb.com.fr
Wed Jul 3 07:15:29 MEST 2002

a previous message from Bill Ryan <billry at hotmail.com>:

"This RRD was created on other architecture"

Not sure whether this should go under "wish list" or "beg for workaround" so

We have multiple architectures building and updating RRDs with the same
types of data but get the above error when trying to fetch or graph using a
universal cgi script.  What creative means has anyone else found for getting
around this issue?  TIA.

Answer of Tobias Oetiker <oetiker at ee.ethz.ch>:

If you have people who can hack, a patch to support XDR would be
welcome ... check out the rrd-developers archive for more on this

the simple methode for now is to use rrdtool dump and rrdtool
restore to migrate

--
Jean-Edouard BABIN
Mail: Jeb at jeb.com.fr