[rrd-users] Re: Very Confused

Petr Swedock petr at blade-runner.mit.edu
Sat Jul 27 03:47:04 MEST 2002

Anthony Mendoza <anthony at embracenetworks.com> writes:

> Can anyone help me out?  I have 1 RRD database working fine and another
> configured identically and it doesn't work..  here's how I created the DBs
<snip>
> any idea why my 2nd database isn't being updated with values, even when
> using it statically?

Have you tried manually retrieving values. I.e. if you're using
net-snmp try something like:

 snmpwalk extreme-box community-string system
        and
 snmpwalk UPS community-string system

on the command line. If the UPS (I'm guessing that's the second value)
isn't responding to SNMP, or your sending it the wrong OID, you'll
get an error condition and a, hopefully, helpful message.

Peace,

Petr