[rrd-users] Re: Problems with mrtg and external script in cfg

andrew.byrne at centrelink.gov.au andrew.byrne at centrelink.gov.au
Tue Jun 4 02:15:15 MEST 2002

Hi Daniel,

MRTG only supports two variables per target.

If you need more than that, you need to write your own script to collect
data and manually insert it into your RRD database file.  i.e. Write your
own replacement for MRTG.

I'm sure there are some people on the mrtg or rrd-users list who have some
examples you could start with.

Regards,

Andrew Byrne

Communication  Services

Phone: (02) 6219 8158  (198 158)
Fax: (02) 6219 8115  (198 115)
Email: andrew.byrne at centrelink.gov.au

                      "Daniel Curry"
                      <dcurry at cariocas.        To:       "PAUL WILLIAMSON" <pwilliamson at mandtbank.com>, <mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch>,
                      com>                      <jimjones at oct.net>
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      mrtg-bounce at list.        Subject:  [mrtg] Re: Problems with mrtg and external script in cfg
                      ee.ethz.ch        Is this part of a business decision process?:  |---------|
                                                                                       | ( ) No  |
                                                                                       | ( ) Yes |
                      04/06/2002 07:08                                                 |---------|

I'm needing three variables stored and graphed.  For this I will be
using RRDTool, but I still need to get the three variables in the .rrd
file.   The script I posted gies the three variables output, but only
get into the .rrd.

Daniel Curry
IT Manager
Cariocas
625 Second Street
Suite 201
San Francisco, CA 94107
ph: 415-348-6516
fx: 415-348-6505
cell: 510-579-6680

"If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z,
X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."
  - Albert Einstein