[rrd-users] RRD Migration / Counter rollover

David Mitchell mitchelld at sunman.co.uk
Tue Jun 18 18:16:07 MEST 2002

I am in the process of migrating to RRD (From MRTG / Rateup).

My existing log files were converted to RRD format but the resultant graphs
have some 'weird' spikes on them (including negative - there is no negative
data in the original log file), my guess is that this is at the boundaries
within the (original) log file between the daily/weekly/monthly data
blocks - has anyone else seen this?

Another message in the forum ("reset counter produces ugly results")
suggested that MRTG/Rateup didn't handle counter rollover / resets very
well - surely that can't be the case?

TIA
David Mitchell