[rrd-users] Re: First rrd gets only "nan" data with fetch
scott.list at mlec.net
Sat Mar 23 16:59:36 MET 2002
Thank you for the reply. I have adjusted thusly. Can you see if I have the
concept better now?
rrdtool create modem1.rrd /
--step 60 /
--start 1016896020 /
Is this right? I think I have:
- An rrd expecting input every 60 seconds started at 1016896020
- With a data source of type "gauge", that expects values from min 0 max
- an rr archive that stores a sample of the input data above
- and that sample is a consolidation of 5 inputs (using MAX as
- since it is for five inputs the sample will represent the MAX value over
that 5 minute period
- the rra will keep 600 of these stored samples.
- Since the sample is over 5 minutes (5*60) and I store 600 samples, I will
be storing data for a period of 3000 minutes (5 * 600) ~= 2.08 days.
Does it sound like my understanding is correct now?
I did log all my rdd update commands and re-ran them. Now I'm getting data
rrdtool fetch modem1.rrd MAX
Unsubscribe mailto:rrd-users-request at list.ee.ethz.ch?subject=unsubscribe
Help mailto:rrd-users-request at list.ee.ethz.ch?subject=help
More information about the rrd-users