[rrd-users] Re: TIME & rpn

Iain Buchanan iain at pcorp.com.au
Mon Mar 25 08:16:24 MET 2002

Hi,

I am attempting to display something like a dot graph for (say) maximum
values over a period of time.  I have picked out a set of times and values
that represent the maximums for each day in an rrd that has one week of
info.  I am absolutely sure that these time and value pairs represent the
data: ie. they're really in there!  I thought to print this 'dot graph' I
might use the following CDEF:

DEF:d2=test.rrd:d2:MAX
CDEF:max0=d2,POP,TIME,1006000000,EQ,d2,UNKN,IF

and then via a loop:
CDEF:max1=d2,POP,TIME,1006000100,EQ,d2,UNKN,IF
CDEF:max2=d2,POP,TIME,1006000200,EQ,d2,UNKN,IF
etc...

the time values are obviously dummies.  Do I need to push & pop the value
just to get the current samples' time?  It says so in one of the web
tutorials, but this still isn't printing anything.

Is this because you need two points to print something?  Is there any other
way of printing graphs other than line graphs?

Thanks in advance,
Iain