[rrd-users] Just a basic question... one or multiple RRDs?

Noah Leaman noah at mac.com
Fri Nov 15 03:17:12 MET 2002

I am going to be using RRD to store metrics on server health. For each
5 minute interval, the following type of data is collected:
     CPU Utilization (%)
     Server Load
     Number of Processes
     Number of Threads
     Used Memory
     Free Memory
     Memory Cache Hit Rate (%)
     Filesystem A Space Used
     Filesystem A Space Free
     Filesystem B Space Used
     Filesystem B Space Free
     etc...

Can I create just a *single* RRD file to store all this different type
of data? Or is it wiser to create separate RRDs... one for each
group/type of data? My first instinct was to go the multiple RRDs
route. But after thinking about it longer, I don't think I need to for
any greate reason and it would be easier to just make one.

Thought I would run it by some people that experience ... this is my
first time working with RRD.

--
Noah