[rrd-users] Re: Adding Max, Min and Ave values to graph

Thomas Erskine thomas.erskine at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 10 17:41:42 MEST 2002

At 11:17 AM 10/10/2002, Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:

>On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 09:52:55AM -0400, Carter, Steve wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am plotting graphs on traffic usage in and out of a router.  I would also
> > like to be able to show the Min, Max and Ave in bits/second on the graph as
> > well underneath the plot.

One note on this:  what CF (consolidation function) are you using on the
RRA?  Probably AVERAGE.  If you tell PRINT to show the MIN or MAX, what
you're getting is the min or max of the averaged values.  What you need to
do, if you want to see real min and max is store, in addition to the
AVERAGE RRA, two more RRAs using MIN and MAX, and print from the
appropriate one for min and max.

Thomas Erskine <thomas.erskine at sympatico.ca> +1.613.591.8490