[rrd-users] rrdtool graph timeout

Paul Klinaftakis pkli at forthnet.gr
Fri Oct 18 13:18:04 MEST 2002

Hi,

I have created an RRD file with the following definition:

--step 3600
DS:channels:GAUGE:7200:U:U
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:3600
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:3700
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:3775
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:3797
RRA:MAX:0.5:1:3600
RRA:MAX:0.5:1:3700
RRA:MAX:0.5:1:3775
RRA:MAX:0.5:1:3797

and I use rrdtool graph to print out a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly
graph.
Up until last week everything was working fine but suddenly, the yearly
graphs started to time out ... no graph could be produced. The rrdtool graph
command will execute without stopping and no graph is produced.

The command for the yearly graph is as follows:

rrdtool graph [myrrdfile] le
--start [mystarttime]
--end [myendtime]
--vertical-label "PRI Channels"
--title "Yearly Report"
--upper-limit 8940
--rigid
--units-exponent 0
DEF:maxchannels=[myrrdfile]:channels:MAX LINE1:maxchannels#0000FF:"PRI
Channel Yearly Max Utilization"
DEF:mychannels=[myrrdfile]:channels:AVERAGE AREA:mychannels#00C000:"PRI
Channel Yearly Utilization"
PRINT:mychannels:MIN:%lf
PRINT:mychannels:MAX:%lf
PRINT:mychannels:AVERAGE:%lf

where [myrrdfile] is the full path to the rrd file and the [mystarttime] and
[myendtime] are time stamps ... the date range is exactly 1 full year (in
order to get the rough image of a full year).

Has anyone experienced such a time out problem? Please help.

Paul