[rrd-users] rrdtool rrd update- high cpu on windows ?

dmahler at telcordia.com dmahler at telcordia.com
Wed Oct 30 15:10:53 MET 2002

I have some code that polls for remote server ping latency and does rrdtool
updates with the values.

for some reason this code seems to be occasionally  looping, though there
is really no place in the code  for it to loop.

I was wondering if anyone had ever seen high cpu in an rrdtool update
operation?

I am only posting one value to the rrd.     Can a corrupted rrd db file do
this?

I am running  RRDtool 1.0.35 on windows NT (yes , I know... "get a real
OS")

 . grasping at straws. (sorry)

Don Mahler
SAIC