[rrd-users] Re: Converting MRTG logs for use with RRDtool

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Wed Sep 18 18:29:55 MEST 2002

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 10:48:30AM -0400, Carter, Steve wrote:

> I am a newbie to the world of MRTG and RRDtool.  We have been using MRTG for
> some time and have log files which contain a lot of data.  I want to know if
> there is a way to use these existing logs files to generate graphs in
> RRDtool on a PC which is not the monitoring PC.

Do you mean you want to migrate to using RRDtool or do you mean
something else?

If you want to stop using rateup and start using RRDtool as the
back end (no more .log file), just follow the instructions found
on the mrtg web site under "advanced user information".

If you want to keep using your .log files and if you want to
draw nice pictures from it, use a drawing program.  RRDtool
is NOT a drawing program.

HTH
Alex