[rrd-users] Re: System Time Changed Corrupting Databases (fwd)

Shipley, Rob rshipley at state.mt.us
Sat Sep 28 01:05:53 MEST 2002

It may help to check out a script that can do this. You need to "rrdtool
dump" the rrd database you want to restore and the corrupt database that has
historical data. Then do a restore to the temp xml dump file. If it isn't
working for you, let me know. Here is what to look at:
http://www.geocrawler.com/mail/msg.php3?msg_id=7780536&list=1089

Sample Steps:
1. rrdtool dump corrupt.rrd >corrupt.xml
2. rrdtool dump restore.rrd >restore.xml
3. perl <script-name>.pl restore.xml corrupt.xml tmp.xml
4. rrdtool restore tmp.xml restoredvalues.rrd
5. Return to step 1 if you have more data to restore