[rrd-users] How to eliminata extrimely high values

Katsifos Nikolaos bakira at bakira.org
Sat Sep 28 12:29:41 MEST 2002

Dear friends

I am having problems with the following expresion and i dont know how to
convert it in RPN format

I am having a graph but sometimes this graph recives  extrimely high values.
This is shows my graph very strange (a flat line at the bottom and a peak
somewhere)

Ofcourse i can use LIMIT like this.

CDEF:V=value,0,1000,LIMIT

This will eliminate my stupid peaks

But this will not calculate my values automaticaly and i have to give a
diffrent LIMIT every time i ploting my graph.
I was thinking an expresion like this:

IF (VALUE EQUAL WITH THE  5% OF THE HIGHEST VALUES )
THEN (VALUE = AVERAGE)

Means take the 5% of the highest values and convert them to the AVERAGE
value.

How can i do that with RPN ??

THANK YOU...

P.S. Realy sorry for my bad english  ;-(