[rrd-users] Correct?

Chris Flanigan chris at whosyourdaddy.biz
Tue Apr 1 17:47:01 MEST 2003

I have data that I'm wanting to graph and I'd like to get an ok, or
confirmation that my train of thought is correct. I'm new to RRDTool, and
I've read all of the documents that I can get my hands on.

rrdtool create example.rrd
DS:uid:GUAGE:U:U
DS:user:GUAGE:U:U
DS:bytes:GUAGE:U:U

This will create a database where it will write the UID (user-id) value as
it is given (it won't perform any delta calculations, etc, etc). It will
write the username as it is given (it will be text, not numerical). It will
also write the bytes used at a given time. It isn't meant to keep a running
tally, just x # of bytes at a given timestamp.

Is my thinking here correct?