[rrd-users] Re: question about gauges

Warnes, Jason SktnHR jason.warnes at saskatoonhealthregion.ca
Sun Apr 6 05:03:57 MEST 2003

I'm just catching up on my email and I'm not sure if you got an answer to
this or not, but here's it what I could come up with as ideas:

1.  Just graph each DS with individual LINE declarations, but use the same
colour for each line.
	LINE1:DS1#00FF00:"Data Source" LINE1:DS2#00FF00

	or

2.  I'm assuming that if one DS has data, the other doesn't?  So what about
using a logical IF statement?  I personally haven't used them, but if I read
the format right it would be something like:
	CDEF:VALUE=DS1,DS1,DS2,IF
Which would read DS1 (your first DS value), if its not 0 (zero) then DS1
will be pushed back onto the stack and assigned to the variable VALUE,
otherwise DS2 will be pushed onto the stack and assigned to the variable
VALUE.  Then just graph VALUE with a line:
	LINE:VALUE#00FF00:"Data Source"

Just a couple of ideas for you.

Jason...