[rrd-users] Re: Question

Németh László Laszlo.Nemeth at netvisor.hu
Mon Apr 7 07:58:04 MEST 2003

I have the same problem. I figured out that it is not possible
to aviod normalization in RRD. The only thing you can do is
figuring out the exact desired time of the first sample and do
you cyclic update exactly on every STEP time.

So in perl:

	RRDs::create( $rrd,
				  "--start",$start,
			      "--step",$step,
				  "DS:Y:GAUGE:$step:U:U",
			      "RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:$history" );

now you have a graph with step $step and with an RRA making an
average of 1 measurement (the measurement itself).

	my $info = RRDs::info($rrd);
	my $firstupdate=$$info{last_update}+$$info{step}-$$info{"ds[Y].unknown_sec"};

So the first update you be put to the RRD with the timestamp $firstupdate
and later at every $step interval from $ firstupdate.

Laszlo