[rrd-users] Image size prodiced by rrdtool

Alex K alex-2345 at incredimail.com
Tue Apr 22 16:32:11 MEST 2003

Hi,

First of all, i would like to thank the developers of this tool for
producing such a wonderful piece of code. I have been using several programs
that use rrd for data storage, and it's great. One thing troubles me though
: the size of the image file produced by rrdgraph . Usually, the image size
of the resultant gifs is about 20-30K, but if i take the resultant image and
open and save the image in any half-decent image editing program, i get the
file size reduced to 7-8 K. This is a very large difference if you are
looking at an html page with several graphs on a modem connection . Any
feedback on this ?

Thank you,

Alex.