[rrd-users] RRDCGI and Apache Problem

Jose Orlando Muñoz Bravo (HP) jmunoz at comcel.com.co
Fri Apr 25 01:57:24 MEST 2003

Hi all,

I'm trying  to have a online graphs from a RRD database, I'm using the tutorial example, and when I see from a browser  get the following error.

***********************************
 RRDCGI Example Page
[ERROR: Opening 'demo.gif' for write: Permission denied]
***********************************
This is the simple script /usr/share/report/demo.cgi
#! /usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.33/bin/rrdcgi
 <HTML>
 <HEAD><TITLE>RRDCGI Demo</TITLE></HEAD>
 <BODY>
 <H1>RRDCGI Example Page</H1>
 <P>
 <RRD::GRAPH demo.gif --lazy --title="CPU users"
          DEF:user=cpucom035.rrd:user:AVERAGE
          AREA:user#008080:"Cpu User">
 </P>
 </BODY>
 </HTML>
I have included this  directives in httpd.conf
ScriptAlias /report/ /usr/share/report/
<Directory /usr/share/report/>
   AllowOverride AuthConfig
   Options ExecCGI
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
   AddHandler cgi-script cgi
   Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

The permissions of the file demo.cgi is 777 and I not understand who need the write permission

Thanks  a lot for your valuable help

jomb