[rrd-users] Re: RRDCGI and Apache Problem

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Fri Apr 25 07:41:20 MEST 2003

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, [iso-8859-1] Jose Orlando Muñoz Bravo (HP) wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying  to have a online graphs from a RRD database, I'm using the tutorial example, and when I see from a browser  get the following error.

> The permissions of the file demo.cgi is 777 and I not understand who need the write permission

Ouch. I would not recommend this setting. Anyone can alter your script.
BUT the issue at hand is that your CGI runs as the user that is configured
in your apache configuration and needs to write out the GIF file
somewhere. And it can not write it.

So see if apache (the most likely user to run you httpd as) can write to
the proper directory.

Hugo.

    hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.