[rrd-users] Re: [rrd-users]Re:RRDtool

Wed Apr 30 13:03:58 MEST 2003

Dear Sir,

I am writing to thank you for your letter and say,

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 06:28:24AM -0400, Dwyer, Paul wrote:
> I am a newbie to MRTG and the wonders of RRD and cgi. I dont semm to be able
> to get mrtg to run with rrd.
>
> I keep getting the following error;
>

> D:\mrtg-2\bin>perl mrtg mrtg.cfg
> Can't locate loadable object for module RRDs in @INC (@INC contains:
> d:\mrtg-2\r
> rdtool\perl-shared\ D:/mrtg-2/bin\..\lib\mrtg2 D:/mrtg-2/bin D:/Perl/lib
> D:/Perl
> /site/lib .) at mrtg line 227
> Compilation failed in require at mrtg line 227.

that I think this is not an RRD error but a Perl error.

The message is saying that Perl cannot find the Perl module named
RRDs.pm in any of the paths it indicates (ie where it is going to look
and where it must be to use it.).

You need to get RRDs.pm (and probably RRDs.DLL) installed on your
system.

I suggest you

1 Try and find where if anyhwere your system has the RRDs Perl module
installed by searching for RRDs.pm

If it's not there, you need install it.

If it is not in the paths above, then it has been installed wrongly.

I don't use MS products so I can only suggest

2.1 reinstall rrdtool preferably in the standard MS Win way

2.2 Check out the Active State Perl Package manager (PPM) and consider
using it to install RRDs

2.3 add a 'use lib qw( path_to_module_found_from_1 ) ;' statement to the
mrtg Perl code.

None of these are great suggestions unless you know for a fact rrdtool
has not been installed properly (or you can think of what went wrong).

> I can get MRTG to run with perl no problem.
>

> Can someone please point me in the right direction, thanks.
>

> Regards
>
> Paul
Yours sincerely.>

Stanley Hopcroft