[rrd-users] Graphing Total Bandwidth

Andre Miller andre.miller at blueriver.co.za
Wed Apr 30 21:52:46 MEST 2003

Hi,

I've tried to find an answer to this question by searching the archive - but
have not been able to locate a suitable answer, sorry if its been answered
before and I missed it.

Currently I am collecting interface data (in octets, out octets) every 5
minutes and are graphing it showing average throughput (in bytes/second).

I want an additional graph showing bandwidth usage, in bytes, doesn't really
matter. I have not been able to get this right.

To explain a bit better, what I want is three different graphs:

Daily: X axis: one point/bar per hour, Y axis: Total amount of bytes
transferred in that hour.

Monthly: X axis, one point/bar per day, Y axis: Total amount of bytes
transferred in that day.

Yearly: X axis, one point/bar per month, Y axis, Total amount of bytes
transferred in that month.

So for example, on the daily graph, if between 13:00 and 14:00, 5 megabytes
was transferred, the bar will show 5mb for that point.

Any help / pointers would be appreciated. I've heard that anything is
possible with rrdtool - so I must be able to do this =).

-

Andre' Miller