[rrd-users] Changing Values on Y axis to non-numeric

Glenn Corbett gcorbett at netspace.net.au
Tue Aug 12 13:59:33 MEST 2003

Greetings All.

Just a quick one.  I've searched through the archives and in the online
doco, but havent been bale to find out how to achieve this.

I'm currently collecting status' of some machines and storing the data in
RRD as essentially a 0-2 value (0-down, 1-unknown, 2-up). Since the graphs
are being viewed by non-technical people, I would like to change the Y-Axis
of the graph to be textual fields instead of the associated numbers, ie
print "Down" instead of 0, "Unknown" instead of 1, "Up" instead of 2, but
still graph the data exactly as is.  The rest of the graphs have "real"
numeric data, so I dont need to change the Axis on these, just this one.

Is this possible ?

TIA

Glenn Corbett
gcorbett at netspace.net.au