[rrd-users] Shell Variable Substitution and Split Lines (problem)

phill.glasson at ap.effem.com phill.glasson at ap.effem.com
Mon Aug 18 03:48:56 MEST 2003

All,
I'm in the process of trying to rationalise a shell script (ksh) which
generates several graphs.
I took a working (if wordy) series of 4 graphs and created shell variables
for each common line, then concatenated the variables to produce the
actual line to execute.
It breaks whenever it encounters a line of text that contains a space,
even if I quote the string, it still breaks.
I've checked the output, and the only thing I can see that's different is
the way the double quotes are handled.

There appears to be some weird parseing that I cannot figure out.

Hints?

Regards,
Phill Glasson
Processing Manager - Asia-Pac