[rrd-users] Remove Data Source

Spencer Anderson sanderson at clearnorthtech.com
Mon Dec 29 17:54:32 MET 2003

Hi,
I'd like to remove a data source and all associated data from an RRD.  I
know I can use the rrdtool dump command to export the database into an
XML file and edit the XML file, but I can't remove everything associated
with the data source I want to remove fast enough so that I can get the
XML updated and restored before my next data update.  Is there a faster
(more reliable then my highlighting and deleting) way to do this?

My setup looks like:
RRD named DEVICE1 with several data sources 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 ...
I would like to remove data source 1002 and all associated data, or at
least modify it so that when I do an rrdtool fetch, the data for 1002 is
no longer displayed.

Thanks,
Spencer Anderson