[rrd-users] Re: ds:counter

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Mon Feb 17 12:32:04 MET 2003

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 12:27:33PM +0100, Sonja Pieper wrote:

> > Undo the bad results (but without a real repair): dump the database to
> > .xml, edit the .xml file and remove the bad numbers (change into NaN),
> > restore the .xml file to .rrd format.
> >

> guess that is what I will do .... (gonna be real fun with a 200MB
> database, should have done a different design ....)

Look in the archives for messages  ("kill" and "spike") or "killspike"

If I recall correctly, something can be done like this:

modify ("tune") the database
dump the file
restore the file, using a certain parameter

no editing necessary.

HTH
Alex
--
Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give
offence. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-bullshit