[rrd-users] Re: Errors running mrtg/rrd tool - please help

Leen Smit leen at webmind.nl
Mon Feb 24 10:46:51 MET 2003

  Hi there!

  Im just starting to use (or rather trying to use ;) rrdtool together with mrtg since i need some more granual graphs. Ive installed rrd with out any problems, however, when i try to run my mrtg script, i get the following error back :

  [root at localhost mrtg]# mrtg test.cfg
  Can't load '/usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.33/lib/perl//auto/RRDs/RRDs.so' for module RRDs: /usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.33/lib/perl//auto/RRDs/RRDs.so: undefined symbol: PL_sv_undef at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 229.
   at /usr/bin/mrtg line 159

  Im really lost at this stage, since i dont know whats wrong. ive double checked if the lib's are in place, and all seems to be fine.
  Is there any one out there who can help me with this? any help[ would be greatly appreciated!

  My config (the bit that changed, with just mrtg is working fine):

  #  for UNIX
  PathAdd:/usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.33/bin/
  LibAdd:/usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.33/lib/perl/
  LogFormat: rrdtool
  WorkDir: /var/www/html/test
  #RunAsDaemon:Yes
  #Interval:5