[rrd-users] Validation of data collected

Ketan Patel k2pattu at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 24 19:28:15 MET 2003

In a meeting while discussing use of RRDTool, a question was raised about verifying the data being collected from target using SNMP queries. We want to make sure what we are looking at, is actually a correct data and represents the true health of the target.

I understand SNMP counters represents actual values. However, I am not sure if there is any hole that gives wrong replies to queries.

So, does anyone know how to validate the data before storing it? At the initial stage we are monitoring load on a server by a running process and a router carrying out the traffic.

cheers

Ketan