[rrd-users] Re: Accumulating COUNTER DS, how to?

'happy@frap.net' happy at frap.net
Mon Feb 24 20:17:46 MET 2003

I hadn't considered snmp, but I went ahead and looked into it. Net-snmp
doesn't support the IF-MIB::ifHCInOctets object or any other Counter64
objects, and I'm unaware of any other snmpd for i386/linux.

Maybe I'm asking for something unusual, but I thought it might be nice to
have an alternate GAUGE type that knows about counter wrapping (The opposite
of DERIVE).