[rrd-users] Re: Validation of data collected

Ketan Patel k2pattu at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 25 16:10:02 MET 2003

this sounds a feasible solution.
unlike my managers, i am not too much concerned about veracity of collected snmp data. for me, accepting snmp data is similar to accepting the time shown by watch without "VERIFYING" it. of course like other physical entities, it is bound to deteriorate with time, but its irregulatities can be caught easily. same way highly irregular graphs should pinpoint either the problem with the data collected or targetted device. let's see if i can pursue managers to believe this fact.
anyway, Mohamed/Mark thanks for your input on this
cheers
k2
 "Rippe, Mark (CCI-New England)" <Mark.Rippe at cox.com> wrote:ketan,

the only way i know of to verify the snmp data gathered, is to go into the device and do a command line query.
compare this with the snmp data.
you can write a script and run it as a cron job,
or you can do it manually.

mark.rippe at cox.com

Someone who says little things don't bother them
has never tried to sleep in a room
with one mosquito.