[rrd-users] Re: RRDs::graph causes CPU overload?

Jakub Drwal kubel at t15.ds.pwr.wroc.pl
Sun Jan 5 01:43:02 MET 2003

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 01:28:15AM +0100, Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 10:55:07PM +0100, Jakub Drwal wrote:
>
> >   Hello, I just wrote new script, to monitor my memory usage.
> >   But, after a few updates to database, my script hangs up and
> >   eat albost 100% of my cpu. What's wrong?
> >
> > Buggy script attached below:
>
> [snipped script, it was buggy anyway]

Buggy anyway? Please, be more strict.

I tried, it hangs up, when any LINE or AREA or sth is included
in RRDs::graph command.

> Once you know *where* it is going wrong, the *why* usually is
> found quite easely.

Of course, I tried before posting this mail. (see upwards)

> It's probably something to do with the interaction between perl
> and grep.  I'm no perl guru so I shut up right now.

Perl and grep? I don't think, so, it works perfectly.

  K.

--
Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you recognize a mistake
when you make it again.