[rrd-users] Re: dispersed rrd files

Harald Nesland harald at interweb.no
Fri Jan 10 13:27:11 MET 2003

Hi,

I've been playing around with perl, and I've written a server-script and
a client-script. The server-script basically listens on a port, waiting
for the client to connect.

When the client connect, the server collects all data (load level, cpu,
memory, network load etc ..).

The client then receives the data (gzip'ed over network just for show of
;P ) and processes it to rrd.

The client got a list with servers to connect to, and loops through that
list. The rrd files is named with servername and data-type (cpu, mem,
load).

It's the client that creates the RRDs, it just collects the data from
the servers, so actually you can create a RRD that shows «overall
server»-statistics.

I might put the scripts online, after some code clean-up.

=)

Cheers.